It’s important to recognize that outstanding childcare programs share certain characteristics that can be used as guidelines for the many others who are just starting out or others, working on making marked improvements. It is critical that childcare centers are always putting the children first, creating safe, creative and thought-provoking environments that foster learning, taking initiative and developing great social relationships.
Here are some of the many characteristics you should be on the lookout for when researching if a program and facility is the right fit for you and your family.
· High standards & strict guidelines. They should have clear policies and standards that emphasize their mission statement, their core beliefs, the teaching and learning philosophy and their approach to enhancing creativity and social interaction.
· Recognition of the local needs of families. Staff should be investing time to work with families that might have struggling children and are willing to accommodate and be flexible as necessary.
· Staff benefits. A childcare program is only as good as the people who work there. Seeing the commitment to quality salaries and/or benefits for their staff will further your confidence that it is not a revolving-door facility. Employees are there because they want to be there and know they are appreciated for their contributions.
· Financial opportunities. Those who leverage financial contributions from parents and outside sources like foundations or other local groups to make the programs and facilities more enriching and effective are always good to pursue.
· Community alliance. Seeking out partnerships with local organizations, committees, fund-raising opportunities and other good causes demonstrates the true commitment to invest in the local community.
· Education. A facility and staff that desires to educate parents and come along side them to help add value with children in their early years is proof that they are doing what they love and are long-committed to.
Quality childcare is something that takes significant time, commitment, energy and a genuine passion for providing outstanding care. Fostering creativity, learning and enhancing social interaction skills are the foundation of a great program.
If you are looking for great childcare programs in Albany, consider TSL Adventures. We humbly embody the characteristics discussed above and would love the opportunity to meet you and your children!!!
All TSL Program sites are licensed by the Office of Child and Family Services. As such, all employees of Togetherness, Sharing and Learning have proper state and national clearances to work with children. If you have any further questions regarding site licensing contact our offices at 518-273-1100
© 2017 TSL Adventures